The American Stock Exchange is replacing its ticker plant next year in order to improve how it handles rising quote rates in the Amex New Trading Environment system, says chief information officer Antoine Shagoury.
In the interim, Amex has upgraded its existing ticker plant to ensure that it can handle message rate spikes in the OPRA consolidated feed of options data. This included enhancing the memory window of the ticker plant’s HP-UX operating system to better manage spikes.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech