US market data vendor eSignal, a subsidiary of Interactive Data Corp. (IDC), has introduced a wireless market data service for handheld devices.
The offering is a "new second-generation" version of QuoTrek, a wireless handheld that used a one-way broadcast system using FM radio waves, says eSignal president Chuck Thompson. "You can see how fast PDA/cell phone technology is growing... we wanted to capitalize on that growth," he says.
The new QuoTrek has color display and extensive bandwidth, is
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit