Berkeley, Calif.-based risk software vendor Barra has grown since its acquisition by index provider Morgan Stanley Capital International last year (IMD, April 12, 2004), officials say, despite concern among clients at the number of Barra staff who have departed.
Sources say a "significant number" of Barra employees have left of their own accord due to a "culture clash" between the West Coast academic culture of Barra and the more corporate environment of MSCI.
Barra officials will only say th
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act