Reuters Holdings PLC's first-half results, announced July 24, didn't contain any great surprises. But managing director Glenn Renfrew's estimate of slower revenue growth in the second half, coupled with heavy first-half data service cancellations and the nonappearance of strategic transactional services, sent Reuters' share price tumbling.
For the first half, Reuters reported revenue of 688.3 million pounds sterling ($1.2 billion), up 26 percent from a year earlier. Pre-tax profit climbed 23
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank