Penson Worldwide, the US financial services, broking and clearing group, last week bought Tick Data Inc., a Washington DC-based vendor of historical market data, to respond to client demand for historic tick data to drive automated trading strategies.
Penson will use Tick Data to help clients create and test complex trading strategies based on the historical tick data, on which firms can then base future trading decisions. However, officials say they will not be able to fully automate this
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won