Dow Jones has decided to centralize calculation and distribution of the Dow Jones averages and charge a fee for the data. Market data vendors say the move will mean an increased administrative burden for themselves; user firms, who will have to pay the fee, are livid.
The new policy follows Dow Jones' move to license the Dow Jones Industrial Average for investment products this past June.
Dow Jones sent notices Sep tember 30 to the vendors that calculate the Dow Jones Industrial Average real t
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II