After much whispering in the market data community (IMD, Oct. 11, 1993), Reuters late last week came clean, announcing that it had finally signed a letter of intent to buy Quotron from Citicorp. The deal gives Reuters a base from which it might now pursue the North American equities market -- a slice of the global market-data pie it has long coveted.
Though the terms of the deal were not fully disclosed, Citicorp said that it would take a $179 million writedown, primarily to cover the sell-of
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse