Thomson Financial confirmed last week its purchase of London-based AFX News.
Under the deal, which was signed on Wednesday night, Thomson will acquire AFX from parent company Agence France Presse. According to a statement, it plans to use the purchase to build a European real-time financial news service covering multiple asset classes and offering news, commentary and analysis. AFX News will be available over Thomson One as well as through existing channels.
The purchase will also support the
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp