Using InfiniBand inter-application networking instead of Ethernet could help firms achieve the next level of latency reduction within their market data platforms, according to research from the Securities Technology Analysis Center.
STAC tested market data messages using data platform technology from Wombat Financial Software and InfiniBand switches from Cisco Systems. The results showed that for standard 214-byte messages—the size of which represents a single quote update—latency between the
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit