Shanghai-based Xinhua sold its news bureaus in Tokyo, Manila, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney and Seoul, along with 21 journalists spread between the seven locations, to Thomson Financial for an undisclosed sum. The deal was effective Friday, June 1.
Reuters, which is merging with Thomson Corp., already has bureaus in all seven cities.
Xinhua retains more than 80 journalists across bureaus in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei, and will use them to focus on China, where the vendo
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership