Although precise details of the investigation are unclear, derivatives data provider Markit last week issued a statement that it "has been informed of an investigation by the Department of Justice into the credit derivatives and related markets" and "will work with the Department to provide any information requested."
The statement prompted speculation that the probe centers around Markit's ownership structure, which includes many of the leading credit derivatives dealers as shareholders, or on
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming