Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing is making changes to ensure data vendors can recover in the event of interruptions, after a recent system failover in its Market Data Feed system left several HKEx data vendors temporarily without service.
The measures include mandatory rehearsals for vendors to test their recovery procedures in the event of failovers. The first will take place early next year, and the exchange will "strictly enforce" vendor participation, officials say.
The failover, the cause
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank