TSX, CNQ Settle IP Case
Canadian Trading and Quotation System (CNQ), operator of the Canadian alternative trading system Pure Trading, has settled an intellectual property lawsuit brought against it last year by TSX Group, alleging that CNQ illegally used TSX's trading system and data dissemination specifications to develop its Pure Trading market (IMD, July 9, 2007). Under the settlement, CNQ acknowledges TSX's ownership of the disputed IP, and has agreed to commercially license the technolo
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II