Sources tell Inside Market Data that the unicast feed-which the exchange plans to switch off in July-has experienced "severe" latencies since the start of this year in the face of exponential rises in data volumes.
"The feed can't keep up with rates at peak times around market open, close and Fed announcements. We have seen significant latency over the point-to-point feed," says one source.
NYSE-Arca officials acknowledge the delays, blaming a sevenfold increase in data volumes since January 2
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit