Trader sources say they asked the exchange to delay opening the market, but that TSE assured them all systems were fine. The market opened at 9am, but futures and options trading was suspended after only 21 minutes because the exchange's terminals were not displaying data on TOPIX index futures, index options, Japanese government bond (JGB) futures, and options on JGB futures.
During those 21 minutes, "trading participants could not see any prices [on those markets] on their terminals.... The
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit