ICV Ltd. has agreed to acquire Telekurs' Topic Plus and TAQ equity information services in the U.K. A Dow Jones wire story attributed a jump in Reuters' ADRs to the news, and quoted a trader who said investors have interpreted the sale to mean that Reuters could garner a greater share of the screen-based market. However, an analyst speaking with IMD dismissed that idea and said the increase in the ADRs' price had more to do with Reuters' own announcements (see story, this issue).
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling