As part of its effort to redefine the way in which it pays its bills and negotiates its contracts with market data and technology vendors, Smith Barney Inc. has quietly formed a so-called technology controllers group. The group, which is headed up by executive vice president Tom Burns, has oversight of Smith Barney's technology contracts, technology accounting and market data services, among other things. Burns reports to executive vice president Mike Weinberg, head of Smith Barney's general
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp