Contrary to a report from Businessworld that was carried by the Dow Jones wire (IMD, October 21), Merrill Lynch is not selling its stake in Bloomberg. The brokerage may sell a small portion of its holdings, but will remain a major shareholder for a long time to come, according to a Bloomberg source.
London-based MAID, an online business information service that carries data from broker analysts and S&P Comstock, is making noises about expanding into the real-time market to compete with Reuter
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling