The European Commission has extended the deadline for the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive after concern from the industry about its ability to meet the schedule.
Member nations now have to write the regulation into national legislation by Oct. 30, 2006. The EC has also extended the date by which firms and markets must adapt their structures and procedures to meet the requirements to April 30, 2007.
The regulation is designed to increase transparency as well as competition in the tr
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers