NEW YORK--The US federal investigation of Reuters, announced last week, appears to be the result of a long-running undercover operation to ascertain whether the company stole operating code and other confidential information from arch-rival Bloomberg. The inquiry illustrates the ferocity of competition between the two vendors, which have emerged as the two leading players in the market data business.
The apparent seriousness of the matter is a major blow to Reuters, particularly in the US, wh
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act