Reuters was forced to suspend its Reuters Messaging instant messaging service last week after it became infected by a software virus spread through users' IM contact lists.
The RM system—used by both customers and staff—was shut down at 10:11am London time on Thursday, April 14, as a precautionary measure, officials say. They say Microsoft notified Reuters of the risk of infection at around 8:30am on Thursday.
Officials say Reuters and RMpartner Microsoft added a filter to the system to block
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit