The buy-side community is divided over the UK Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) April 7 proposal to abolish "softing" and "bundling," according to a new survey of chief investment officers (CIOs). Those surveyed say the proposal could increase cost pressure for fund managers and lead to less expenditure on information services.
Softing, or soft dollaring, refers to the practice where a broker provides market data terminals and investment research to fund managers in return for an agreed vo
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp