Dow Jones & Co. reported that more terminals are carrying Dow Jones Newswires in the second quarter compared to the same period last year, but the company still saw earnings decline 52 percent.
Dow Jones Newswires terminals rose two percent to 339,000 at the end of June compared with 333,000 at the end of the year-earlier period. Terminal comparisons were affected by the creation of OsterDowJones in November 2001 (IMD, Dec. 3). Some terminals were ported to the new venture.
Dow Jones Newswires
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank