The Nasdaq electronic stock market received approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission last week for the launch of its Opening Cross auction, which is scheduled for today, Monday, Sept. 27.
Opening Cross is an electronic auction designed to determine a single price for a security at the Nasdaq market open. The system analyzes where supply and demand meet by realizing pent-up buy and sell interest in stocks from order flow after the previous market close. It then distributes that in
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit