The Securities and Exchange Commission's new order-handling rules go into effect today (IMD, Dec. 2). The rules are expected to increase the volume of market data traffic. One requires the display of customer limit orders, and the other will change the way the SEC governs the publication of quotes. One observer says the rule will have "a massive impact on the vendors. It's going to be very interesting to see ... and I think the results are going to be a little surprising."
Breaking news that
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank