German market data vendor and news provider vwd (Vereinigte Wirtschaftsdienste) will sell its newswire business to Dow Jones Newswires (DJN) for e9.8 million ($12 million) as it restructures to focus solely on providing market data services to financial institutions.
The sale was prompted by a takeover bid by Edmund Keferstein, a former managing director who left the vendor in 1988 to join German newspaper group Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), which is now a shareholder in vwd. Keferste
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank