User firms should look at their market and reference data divisions as a business rather than merely a cost center if they are to achieve better services across their firm in spite of adverse pressures arising from the economic climate, said Joseph Squeri, global head of equities trading technology and co-head of securities technology at Goldman Sachs, in his keynote speech at last week’s North American Financial Information Summit.
“This crisis has been the best of times and the worst of times,
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling