Index provider FTSE last week announced it has hired Reza Ghassemieh as managing director of fundamental research and analytics, responsible for creating a new team to build an analytical research framework to support FTSE's active investment manager clients, and tools and risk models for attribution and portfolio optimization. He joins from Nomura, where he was managing director and head of quantitative research, prior to which he was a quantitative analyst at James Capel & Co. Ghassemieh also
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit