Network and trading turret vendor IPC recently upgraded its network between New York and London, reducing latency by around 25 percent, and tripling its available capacity, to support the market data needs of latency-sensitive trading firms, officials say.
IPC migrated the network from SDH (Synchronous Digital Hierarchy) links to 10 Gigabit per second DWDM (Dense Wave Division Multiplexing) links around three months ago, says Jeff Britell, director of exchange relationships at IPC, and has seen
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech