Transatlantic cable provider Hibernia Atlantic has received $250 million from Huawei Marine Networks, one of its suppliers, to fund Project Express—Hibernia’s plan to build a sub-ocean, low-latency fiber-optic cable system connecting the New York/New Jersey metro area to London, which will offer clients of Hibernia’s Global Financial Network connectivity between the market centers with under 60 milliseconds of latency. Project Express is expected to be complete in the summer of 2012.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II