Investment research and commentary providers seeking to build out their platforms to meet client needs by buying smaller rivals drove mergers and acquisitions activity among financial information companies during 2010, according to a new report from New York-based middle-market investment bank Berkery Noyes.
“I look at 2010 as the year of the consumer…. Companies acquired to enhance their customer service, the customer experience, and to ensure their investment research is the best,” says Chris
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II