S&P Capital IQ has launched a new advisory business, dubbed Global Markets Intelligence, which uses the vendor's proprietary data, analytics and research -- including its ratings, indexes and Compustat analysis platform -- to provide risk-based non-discretionary equity, fixed income portfolio strategies, asset allocation and fund review services to asset managers.
"The key to the Global Markets Intelligence approach is that our methodologies are built with risk mitigation components as core, not as a separate overlay. This risk-based approach is at the heart of generating superior risk-adjusted returns," says Michael Thompson, managing director and head of Global Markets Intelligence at S&P Capital IQ.
The Global Markets Intelligence business operates as part of the vendor's Investment Advisory Services group in the US, and McGraw-Hill Research Europe Limited in the UK and Europe.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming