Following the Libor price-fixing scandal, Commodity Futures Trading Commission chairman Gary Gensler and Bloomberg president and chief executive Dan Doctoroff have both called for alternatives to replace the existing Libor methodology with a more transparent and accurate benchmark.
“The Barclays case demonstrates that Libor has become more vulnerable to misconduct. It’s time for a new or revised benchmark… to restore the confidence of Americans that the rates at which they borrow and lend money
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp