Energy data provider Platts has begun providing 12 new price assessments for over-the-counter Italian electricity prices -- including four daily baseload power assessments that reflect the value of electricity supplied to Italy's power grid; four spark spread assessments that indicate the profitability of gas-fired versus coal-fired power plants; and four clean spark assessments that represent profit margins after deducting the costs of natural gas and carbon allowances -- via its Platts European Power Daily, Platts European Power and Platts Market Data - Electric Power services.
Officials say the prices -- which employ a market-on-close timestamping methodology, supporting cross-commodity comparisons and mark-to-market accounting -- will provide more transparency to local power markets.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit