Mark Makepeace, chief executive officer of FTSE, has been named group director of information services at the London Stock Exchange Group, overseeing both FTSE and LSEG's data businesses, as part of the exchange's plans to integrate FTSE more closely within the group following LSEG's buyout of Pearson's stake in FTSE last year. Makepeace retains his role as CEO of FTSE, and reports to LSEG chief executive Xavier Rolet.
Makepeace replaces David Lester, who has been appointed group director of corporate strategy, responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic and corporate growth initiatives at the LSEG. Lester also remains as chairman of Turquoise, FTSE and Proquote.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit