Chicago-based investment research and data vendor Morningstar has hired Jim Tanner, former president and chief executive of Wall Street on Demand, as global head of business development and sales, with responsibility for strategic partnerships and all sales and business development activities worldwide, reporting to Morningstar chairman and CEO Joe Mansueto.
Tanner was most recently vice chairman of business development at Markit, where he developed the F2 open framework for developers to build apps and re-use them for multiple client applications.
He joined Markit as a result of the vendor's 2010 acquisition of Wall Street on Demand -- a Boulder, Colo.-based provider of wealth management data services and hosted data modules for institutional, media and online brokerage portals -- initially serving as global head of distribution, managing the Markit On Demand, Markit Desktop, Markit Hub and Market Research Manager products.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech