Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing opened its new co-location facility in the Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate on the Chinese mainland just east of Kowloon today, Jan. 31, as a key component of its Orion initiative to upgrade its trading technology and market data infrastructure.
The five-story facility consolidates the primary datacenters for HKEx's equities and derivatives markets and clearinghouses, and also houses most of the exchange's IT development and support staff.
HKEx is dedicating two floors -- which can accommodate up to 1,200 racks of server space -- in the 31,400 square meter facility for co-location services, targeted at exchange participants, data vendors, telecommunication providers and other service providers.
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won