Cost and functionality remain key factors in financial firms’ decisions to buy or build new data infrastructures, but the physical size of a firm and its ability to leverage economies of scale also contributes to buy-versus-build decisions, said panelists at last week’s North American Financial Information Summit.
Nathan Boylan, head of IT at mutual fund and asset management firm Lord Abbett said that mid-sized firms like his tend to buy rather than build, as they do not have the economies of sc
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse