Tick database provider Kx Systems released version 3.1 of its Kdb+ tick database today, Monday June 10, which delivers significant performance improvements over previous versions.
The new version can compute the full US national best bid and offer for a day -- which can require up to one billion records per day, based on New York Stock Exchange trade and quote data, according to Simon Garland, chief strategist at Kx -- in around 30 seconds. Officials say this is four times faster than previous v
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming