Sausalito, Calif.-based indexing and tax indexing-focused investment manager Aperio Group has hired Lisa Goldberg as director of research, responsible for helping the firm deliver "insightful and practical" research and for helping clients understand how its latest models will affect them.
Until last year, Goldberg was executive director of research at index provider MSCI, which she joined in 2004 as a result of MSCI's acquisition of risk management software vendor Barra, where she had worked since 1993, prior to which she was a professor of mathematics at University of California at Berkeley, where she will continue to serve as director of research at the university's Center for Risk Management Research.
She reports to Aperio's chief investment officer Patrick Geddes.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II