OPRA had begun the software upgrade—which was designed to improve message processing efficiency—on Friday, Sept. 13 in a phased rollout. However, during the process on Monday, the OPRA SIP (Securities Information Processor) discovered that duplicate quotes were being generated for some securities, which would have affected calculation of the NBBO.
To fix the problem, OPRA notified exchange participants and the Securities and Exchange Commission, then rolled back to the previous version of the so
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp