"We need more data─not only from a user perspective.... We have a huge obligation to mitigate and manage risk," said Fabienne Pirotte, a lawyer at Société Générale.
With regulators shifting over-the-counter swaps trading to centrally-cleared Swap Execution Facilities, the burden on central counterparty clearing providers (CCPs) to capture, manage and provide data to market participants is also increasing, while also placing CCPs in a pivotal─and potentially risky─role, panelists said.
"From a ri
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership