Energy and commodities data provider Platts has struck a deal to take an undisclosed investment stake in German iron ore and steel data provider Minerals Value Service and become the exclusive distributor of MVS's web-based value-in-use tool, which miners, mills and traders can use to calculate the value of iron ore in specific buying and selling scenarios.
Under the agreement, Platts' The Steel Index pricing unit will provide steel-related price assessments, including the Platts Iodex and TSI 62 Percent Fe iron ore prices, to form the basis for MVS calculations.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit