The London Stock Exchange will next month go live with low-latency wireless connectivity between its datacenter in the City of London and Equinix's datacenter campus in Slough, west of London, which many market operators and trading firms have chosen to make their primary co-location center for the city.
The wireless link between the LSE datacenter and Equinix leverages millimeter wave technology from broadband wireless equipment provider NexxCom to provide capacity of up to 1 Gigabit per second─higher than equivalent microwave networks.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming