Chicago-based investment research and data provider Morningstar has named Haywood Kelly its new head of research, effective Jan. 1, 2014, taking over from Don Phillips, who is stepping down from the role, but will remain a managing director and board member, and will continue to work closely with Kelly and be involved in new research initiatives.
Kelly is currently head of equity, credit and structured credit research at Morningstar, and has also served as editor of Morningstar StockInvestor and interim president of Morningstar Credit Ratings since being named head of equity research in 1998.
Phillips has served on Morningstar's board since 1999, and has held various leadership roles within the organization since joining it in 1986, including contributing to the development of the Morningstar Style Box and Morningstar Rating.
Phillips and Kelly both report to Morningstar founder, chairman and chief executive Joe Mansueto.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent