An unnamed London-based asset manager is beta testing the Data Governance Service, which "provides the tools to allow asset managers to implement practical data governance for benchmarks," says Steve Cheng, global head of data management solutions at Rimes in London.
"Good data governance is like good housekeeping. If you have it, you can manage and reduce costs and reduce duplication... demonstrate compliance with data vendor agreements, and demonstrate good data practices to regulators," Cheng
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse