Nanotick, a joint venture between direct market access software provider Onix Solutions and proximity hosting and market data provider VDIware, has launched an on-demand service that provides historical market data from the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME).
The Nanotick service, which enables customers to access the exact data they need, leverages GPS hardware for nanosecond precision timestamping, and eliminates the need to implement and maintain costly internal market data storage systems, officials say.
Use cases for the data include building order book images, back-testing automated trading strategies, analyzing bid and offer quotes on specific instruments against time, and analyzing trades occurring on specific instruments at specific times.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech