The group announced it was evaluating binary alternatives to its existing FIX/FAST data compression standard in May 2012, in response to a lawsuit filed by IXO/Realtime Data against exchanges and vendors utilizing the standard’s data compression algorithms, and based on the emergence of new protocols that surpassed the performance of FIX/FAST.
CME plans to roll out MDP 3.0, which leverages the Simple Binary Encoding (SBE) format developed by industry standards association FIX Trading Community,
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling