Investment and advisory firm Blackstone and Goldman Sachs' Merchant Banking Division have bought market intelligence and workflow solutions provider Ipreo from private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, in a deal that media reports value at $975 million (£582 million).
Under the deal, KKR will continue to hold a minority stake in Ipreo, which was created in 2007 by the merger of fundamental data and investor relations provider Hemscott, i-Deal and Marketpipe (IMD, Jan. 1, 2007).
Ipreo sold Hemscott to research and data vendor Morningstar for $51.6 million in cash a year later (IMD, Jan. 4, 2008), but retained Hemscott's Bigdough database of financial industry contact data, and over the last three years has bought Debtdomain, a web-based systems for managing the bank loan syndication process, and financial services database Discovery Data, establishing new operations in Raleigh, North Carolina, and expanding its footprint globally.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit