Sources say the outage appears to have been global and affected many-if not all-clients, though Bloomberg's other data products, such as its B-Pipe datafeed and back-office data services, were not affected by the outage.
At 2:57am ET, the vendor tweeted "We are currently restoring service to those customers who were affected by today's network issue, and are investigating the cause." In response, some users tweeted back that their service was already back up and running.
At 4:25am ET, Bloomberg
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act